Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Lesson Learned

12th Ches, 1360 DR (5042 OC)

I have spoken to Lucille about the aforementioned incident and have been reassured that my secrets are safe within this house. She wished me to name the culprit, but I would have none of that. Were I to begin pointing fingers there's no telling how many sharpened and painted talons would be pointed back in my direction and I am quite satisfied with Lucille's record of privacy. Indeed, it was one of the reasons I installed myself here in the first place.

Lucille has enquired if I would be interested in painting a mural above her main bar. I suspect this is an offering to assuage my nerves for my skill with a brush, serviceable though it may be, is still in its infancy. At this time I am much more comfortable with charcoal and quill, but I shall endeavor to rise to the occasion.

Speaking of which, I have kept Mirri waiting for me upon the bed and she is now giving me a petulant stare. She is a most athletic lover, but I find her to be even more intense when slightly irritated. I believe that one or two more sentences should be adequate time to bring her passions to the perfect level. I have heard that a watched cauldron never boils, but in the case of women, especially young women, I find this to be quite untrue. Even now I can see the impatience simmering in her eyes as she reaches for her mug of honeymead. I do believe she is ready for

No comments: